Friday, April 8, 2016

Beautiful Birds; Jean Roussen and Emmanuelle Walker


Beautiful Birds; Jean Roussen & Emmanuelle Walker
Flying Eye Books - 2015


Targeted for the Grades 1-4 group this is a stunning book that covers birds of the alphabet from A (Albatross) through -Z (Zosteropidae). Each page features a beautiful bird (or two) and a one-line rhyming phrase about the bird(s).  The 4 - year old loved this book as they are studying birds in science at preschool. This one is a keeper for the permanent bookshelves (although it's one of those taller books that may require a higher shelf space. Gorgeous book - BUY IT (or at least ask your library to purchase this one) !
 


5/5 stars
(library book)

16 comments:

  1. That does look gorgeous! It nice to know the 4 year old loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely book! Great showcase of children's books.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful book! I have a great-niece who turns 3 this year. Might be the perfect gift. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love books about birds and nature and 3-4 is the a great age to turn kids on to the beauty of both.

      Delete
  4. I like this beautiful art. My current post is of a children's book about Monet, which also has gorgeous art in it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Terra, I need to check that out. Thanks for mentioning it.

      Delete
  5. I definitely see your granddaughters' influence on your reading materials. Lovely pictures

    ReplyDelete
  6. Diane, I have been away form my computer for a few days but am back now. I like these colorful picture books. They are gorgeous, and I'm glad they're also educational.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a book for me -- no matter how old I am!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Les, I immediately thought of you as I browsed this lovely book. LOL

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and double thanks for any comments. If you ask a question in your comments, I will try to reply to it here, or by email if your settings allow me to do so. Thank again for visiting.

(I apologize for the word verification, spammers spoil it for all sadly.)