Friday, April 8, 2016

Beautiful Birds; Jean Roussen and Emmanuelle Walker


Beautiful Birds; Jean Roussen & Emmanuelle Walker
Flying Eye Books - 2015


Targeted for the Grades 1-4 group this is a stunning book that covers birds of the alphabet from A (Albatross) through -Z (Zosteropidae). Each page features a beautiful bird (or two) and a one-line rhyming phrase about the bird(s).  The 4 - year old loved this book as they are studying birds in science at preschool. This one is a keeper for the permanent bookshelves (although it's one of those taller books that may require a higher shelf space. Gorgeous book - BUY IT (or at least ask your library to purchase this one) !
 


5/5 stars
(library book)

16 comments:

  1. That does look gorgeous! It nice to know the 4 year old loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely book! Great showcase of children's books.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful book! I have a great-niece who turns 3 this year. Might be the perfect gift. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love books about birds and nature and 3-4 is the a great age to turn kids on to the beauty of both.

      Delete
  4. I like this beautiful art. My current post is of a children's book about Monet, which also has gorgeous art in it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Terra, I need to check that out. Thanks for mentioning it.

      Delete
  5. I definitely see your granddaughters' influence on your reading materials. Lovely pictures

    ReplyDelete
  6. Diane, I have been away form my computer for a few days but am back now. I like these colorful picture books. They are gorgeous, and I'm glad they're also educational.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a book for me -- no matter how old I am!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Les, I immediately thought of you as I browsed this lovely book. LOL

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and double thanks for any comments. If you ask a question in your comments, I will try to reply to it here, or by email if your settings allow me to do so. Thanks again for visiting.