Sunday, April 24, 2016

Fool Me Once; Harlan Coben

Fool Me Once; Harlan Coben
Brilliant Audio - 2016

In this stand alone Coben thriller Maya Stern is a former Special Ops pilot suffering from PTSD.  She is also a grieving widow, her husband Joe was brutally murdered a few weeks earlier.  To ease her stress where her two-year old daughter is concerned, she discreetly installs a nanny cam to monitor the happenings of her daughter and the caregiver while she is away.  Soon after Maya sees what appears to be her dead husband sitting on the sofa with their daughter.  Are her eyes playing tricks on her or, is Joe still alive? After all, she never saw his body after he was supposedly murdered.

Fool Me Once was a very good thriller that held my interest all the way to the end, and it even managed to surprise me.  Maya is a spunky character who was fearless and determined to find out what was really going on.  The audio version was read by January LaVoy who did a very good job. I also had the eGalley so I was able to read as well as listen. Readers who enjoy a good thriller should give this one a try.

4/5 stars
(library audio & eGalley)


15 comments:

  1. I've only read a couple of Coben's books and I've enjoyed all of them so I need to explore more of his work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read anything by him in a long time and I thought the audio was very good.

      Delete
  2. Oh, I love the look of this one! I've been seeing it around, but haven't read this author in ages. I must read this one! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Sunday, Diane!! This sounds like a good thriller!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed this one too, Diane. So many delicious surprises along the way, and the ending - whoa! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds good! I've enjoyed Coben's novels in the past and have this one on my to read list.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another author I have never read. But I like the premise of the story. It has a creep factor.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like thrillers in general, but the plot line of this one sounds good, different. I just checked and my library has the audio. Yay! Thanks Diane.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've read a lot of raving reviews about this book so I'll have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's been such a long time since I've read anything by Coben! I'm looking forward to listening to this on audio. Glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. For me, it was the twist that made the book. It totally changed my opinion about the main character and that was a good thing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and double thanks for any comments. If you ask a question in your comments, I will try to reply to it here, or by email if your settings allow me to do so. Thanks again for visiting.