Friday, April 8, 2016

The Duckling Gets a Cookie !?, Mo Willems

2012 - Hyperion




 Our granddaughters are huge fans of Mo Willems books. They love the Piggy and Gerald series and now are fans of the Pigeon series as well.  

This is another example of an author developing a successful pattern of creating a fun story with not too many words and funny pictures that children end up loving and begging to have you read them to them.   Being polite, asking nicely, remembering "please and thank you" are important here.  Of course, the key to enjoying these books to the max require you to master your own special Pigeon and Duckling voices to get the most giggles out of your little people audience. With minimal words these books are great to help little ones recognize certain words and experience the joy of both memorizing a story and learning to read. 

Mo's books are very funny and a tad sarcastic as well making them a hit with big and little people alike. This one wasn't my absolute favorite but, still tons of fun.

4/5 stars

9 comments:

  1. That do look like some quacking fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My great grandson loves these books. Over and over we check these out at the library. He is seven. Don't let the Pigeon Drive the Bus is my favorite (I'm 81).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Peggy, Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the bus is a favorite of mine as well. My daughter and the girls have met the author on at least 3 occasions as he lives in a town close by.

      Delete
  3. These are SO popular with our shoppers! I need to read a few to see what all the fuss is about. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the Elephant and Piggie series the best, but they are all cute and fun in their own way.

      Delete
  4. These books are a lot of fun. My daughter loved them when she was little.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gage love Gerald & Piggy but I haven't been able to get him interested in these :(

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and double thanks for any comments. If you ask a question in your comments, I will try to reply to it here, or by email if your settings allow me to do so. Thanks again for visiting.