Sunday, April 3, 2016

Sunday Blatherings - It's Looking More Like Christmas than April


Yes, mother nature is had pulled a fast one on us. We had hail yesterday and woke to snow this morning and now we have 50 mph winds to contend with.  The funny thing is last Sunday (Easter) we were outside blowing bubbles with the girls, without jackets, after dinner.  Guess this weather will be a good excuse for a lazy reading Sunday indoors.

I've been really getting a lot of reading done between audios in the car, Kindle at bedtime and print books by day. March was my best month this year (38 books YTD) with (17) books read in March - (3) kids books, (4) audiobooks, (5) print books and (5) eBooks. 7/17 books were from the library, a place I can't resist - even more now since I retired.  Lately, my daughter and the girls have been checking out other libraries in the area each week and I never seem to go home empty handed.

  1. Eleanor; Justin Gurley - 4.5/5 (arc) (March)
  2. In the Blood; Lisa Unger - 4/5 (audio) (March)
  3. I See You Made the Effort; Annabelle Gurwitch (NF) - 4/5 (arc) (March)
  4. The Vegetarian; Han Kang - 4/5 (arc) (March)
  5. Miller's Valley; Anna Quindlen - 4.5/5 (eGalley) (March)
  6. The Good Death; Ann Neumann  (NF) - 4/5 (eGalley) (March)
  7. He Will Be My Ruin; K.A. Tucker - 4.5/5 (eGalley) (March)
  8. The Invaders; Karolina Waclawiak - 3.5/5 (library audio) (March)
  9. Z: Zelda, a novel; Theresa Ann Fowler - 4.5/5 (library) (March)
  10. Peppa Pig and the I Love You Game - 3.5/5 (library) (March)
  11. Bear is Not Tired; Ciara Gavin - 4/5 (Library) (March)
  12. Find Her; Lisa Gardner - 4.5/5 (eGalley) (March)
  13. Spark Joy; Marie Kondo (NF) - 3/5 stars (library) (March)
  14. The Little Tree That Would Not Share; Nicoletta Costa - 5/5 (library) (March)
  15. All the Light We Cannot See; Anthony Doerr - (audio) - 4.5/5 (March) (review needed)
  16. The Guise of Another; Allen Eskers - 3.5/5 (eGalley) (March) (review needed)
  17. Missoula: Rape & the Justice System in a Small Town (NF) (Audio) (library) - 4.5/5 (review needed)

Current Reads - 

Hope Everyone enjoys their day!

38 comments:

  1. I can't believe your weather changed so drastically. The photo is beautiful. Enjoy your Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list! I missed your review of Eleanor the first time around. That is one of the new books at the library that calls to me when I am at work. It's nice to see a review of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the retiree world! Didn't know you had joined our reading, reading ranks. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hats off to your great month of reading. I posted a comment on your review of The Vegetarian. I have always meant to read Z:Zelda. It has been on my shelves for quite a while. I like how you read a wide range of books. Here is my March reading report: http://www.keepthewisdom.blogspot.com/2016/04/books-read-in-march.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great reading month! I have Fool Me Once on my 'ToRead' list. Stay warm and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Someone needs to have a serious chat with Old Man Winter!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We had that same weather yesterday - made me very depressed!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My grandson loves anything to do with Peppa Pig so I know he'd love that book.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My mother and sister both texted me similar pictures this morning... guess I need to stay in Florida a little bit longer! You had a great reading month :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on a stellar reading month! I read 11 1/2 books, which was a banner month for me. I enjoyed them all, which was fortunate. I want to look up a number of the books you've read.

    I'm sorry to admit this to you, but I'm probably the only person in the Northeast who is enjoying the frigid weather. Snowflakes swirling, gusts of wind that almost knock me down, and it's only 25 degrees today. My problem? Just didn't get my full of winter this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Judith, I think I don't have ANY weather expectations here in New England LOL I recall being in Mexico on vacation in 1997 and back in Boston we saw there was 20" of snow in April Fool's Day 1997.

      Delete
  11. What a dramatic change! Our weather is floating in that 40s-90 range. I told the man last night that the weather here in Texas has multiple personalities.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The weather is unpredictable these days throughout the country.

      Delete
  12. We were supposed to get a snowstorm, but guess it is mostly calling for rain now... I am not complaining but has made for a wet and dreary weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You had a great month in books but I'm sure you could do without the snow! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What an impressive reading month! But BOOOOOOOO on the snow.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can't believe all that snow. Beautiful picture. You had a great reading month and I see a lot of high ratings for the most part. Love it! Hope April is another great reading month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Iliana, I did enjoy most everything I read last month - love when that happens. BTW - More snow today.

      Delete
  16. We had that same scene out our windows yesterday. Today the sun came out and melted all the snow. Great reading month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the good thing about snow in April - right? More snow here today but light.

      Delete
  17. We are having endless blisteringly hot dry days and it is becoming totally unbearable now!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You had a reading month Diane! I'll be interested to hear if you like Shelter b/c I'd like to read that one too. cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  19. You read some good ones in March!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I heard about your weather! So crazy. Ours has been too, although not quite as melodramatic. It was 91 today and is supposed to be 69 tomorrow with rain. We'll see. It sounds like you've gotten a lot read recently! I wish I could say the same. My reading has really slowed down. It's picked up some with my current book, which I am really enjoying. It's both mad-making and interesting. I hope you have a great rest of the week, Diane!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Crazy weather! Ours has been up and down for the past few weeks. We're under a frost warning (for plants and vegetation) tonight, but I'm just thankful the wind has died down. We had gusts up to 50 mph all day yesterday.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and double thanks for any comments. If you ask a question in your comments, I will try to reply to it here, or by email if your settings allow me to do so. Thanks again for visiting.