Sunday, March 24, 2019

How to Walk Away, Katherine Center


AUTHOR:  Katherine Center
PUBLISHER:  Macmillan Audio
PUB. YEAR: 2018
SETTING:
FORMAT:  -  audio - library ( 10+ hours)
RATING: 4/5


Margaret (Maggie) Jacobson's life is looking up. She's 27, just earned her MBA and has been offered an incredible job at a very high salary.  Her boyfriend Chip, soon to be fiancee, is planning to propose on Valentine's Day in a very unique manner, but then an unexpected and tragic accident leaves Maggie with a spinal cord injury putting an end to those hopes and dreams, or does it?

This is one of those books that even though things look bleak, you have a feeling everything will be okay for Maggie in the end.  This is a story about the ups and downs of life and relationships. It makes you realize that sometimes a tragedy can make you stronger.

After reading a few too many sad or depressing stories in March, How to Walk Away turned out to be a pleasant surprise. Maggie's story has some highs and lows, just like most of our lives, but, in the end things have a way of looking up. I'd definitely classify it as a lighter read, not perfect but enjoyable. The audio version read by Therese Plummer was very well done.

11 comments:

  1. It's good that despite the accident, it turned out to be an enjoyable, light read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a lovely book, Diane. Terrific review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked this one, too. I agree that although it was sad and she was going through a ton, it wasn't a downer book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds sad so I am glad it wasn't too bleak.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always enjoy Center's books.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmmm, I haven't heard about this book until now, but it sounds like something I might enjoy. I'll be on the lookout for it at our library.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I listened to this last year and it was in my top 3 favorites of the year. I want to read another of her books.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need a pleasant surprise to read myself.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and double thanks for any comments. If you ask a question in your comments, I will try to reply to it here, or by email if your settings allow me to do so. Thanks again for visiting.