Tuesday, December 17, 2019

First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros; Let it Snow; Nancy Thayer



Each Tuesday, Vicki, from I’d Rather Be At The Beach hosts First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros where readers post the opening paragraph(s) of a book that they are reading or plan to read. 

Since it is the season for snow and, yes, it's snowing as I type, I thought this one might be perfect.  I always love a Nantucket Island setting, but, especially at Christmas.


Let it Snow; Nancy Thayer
Ballantine Books - 2019

"Christina Antonioni could spot a shoplifter with her eyes blindfolded and both ears stuffed with cotton. You didn't run a toy shop for five years without developing a certain intuition.  Right now her own private alarm system was pinging all over her body.

The girl was about nine years old, a cute child with messy blond hair falling into her shifty blue eyes. On this cold December day, she wore sneakers, jeans and a shapeless wool sweater."

What do you think? Read more or pass?  Are you reading any "Tis the Season" type books this month?

12 comments:

  1. Yes, I'd love to know what the woman does with regard to her little shoplifter! Great choice. Here is my Tuesday post. Hope you enjoy yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this book.See what Christmas themed book we are featuring at Girl Who Reads

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read Nancy Thayer in years, but remember enjoying her books. And from the South, I love books about snow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd have to see what happened with the young lady too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Nancy Thayer's books, so I have this one on my list. Can't wait to read it. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to read this one. I always enjoy Nancy Thayer's books.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This book was my first book this month that I read. I highly recommend it! Its a fun, seasonal read with a happy ending of course!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's certainly a provocative excerpt.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A shifty-eyed nine-year-old? Yeah, I think I'd read on to see where this one is going.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and double thanks for any comments. If you ask a question in your comments, I will try to reply to it here, or by email if your settings allow me to do so. Thanks again for visiting.