In 2012, I want to smile more and stress less!
(thoughts on books and reviews)
- I love reading, but don't always enjoy reviewing. Granted, some books are easier to review than others, but for me, HAVING to feel like I must follow some format and review every book I read, almost always takes the fun out of having read the book in the first place.
- In 2012, my reviews will be even more brief than in 2011. They will be more in a format of my feelings and reactions to the book and what worked or didn't work for me, rather than an analysis writing style, plot devices etc.
- I will still plan on posting my thoughts here as well as Good Reads and Amazon.com.
- I will still use a rating system and let readers know whether I recommend the book or not.
(thoughts on reading challenges)
- Like in 2011, I only signed up for a few (left side bar) 2012 Reading Challenges. They are ones, I know I can be successful at. Why put pressure on ourselves? After all reading is suppose to be fun!
(thoughts on blogging)
- In 2011, I found a weekly format that worked well for me. As far as routines and the type of posts you can expect here each week, it'll look something like this :
- Sundays - Book Review or Post about my week
- Mondays - Mailbox Monday - New books which found their way into my house the previous week
- Tuesdays - First Chapter, First Paragraph Tuesday Intros (where I decided to read a book based on the opening paragraph).
- Wednesdays - Waiting on Wednesday - a book that I heard about that won't be published for a few months.
- Thursdays - Book Review
- Fridays - (nothing consistent - Book Review or whatever strikes my fancy)
- Saturday - Saturday Snapshot (photo taken by me or a family member).
(thoughts on books on my shelf and new purchases)
- In 2011, I weeded my print books from about 700 to 500. In 2012, I hope to reduce my print books, by at least 100 more. For every (1) new print book that comes into the house (2) MUST leave the house. (I found this is easier than it may sound. For me personally, I am no longer interested in reading about any character that has AIDS, cancer or any other fatal disease. No more books about war, Holocaust, or sisters and female friendships either.) See ....once you understand the type of books that no longer interest you or work for you, cleaning off your shelves and donating books becomes very easy. I only have about (15) books on my shelves that I've read and can't part with, so that part is easy as well -- once it gets read it leaves my house one way or another.
- Any new book purchases will be as an eBook (except - I will be starting to purchase a collection of picture books for that 1st grandchild who will be here in early May - who could fault me on that?)
- Print books will still be purchased on occasion, mainly at Library Book sales, or obtained through Paperback Swap.
Thanks to all of my loyal followers who make this blog a thing for me to smile about and not stress about.
How about you? Any blogging changes planned for the new year?