Tuesday, May 7, 2013

First Chapter ~ First Paragraph Tuesday Intros - Looking for Me; Beth Hoffman


Every Tuesday I host First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros, where I share the first paragraph or (a few) of a book I am reading or thinking about reading soon. Care to join us?

This week I'm featuring an intro from a book that will be released this month:


Pamela Dorman Books - May 28th, 2013

"Some people run toward life, arms flung wide in anticipation.  Others crack open the door and take a one-eyed peek to see what's out there.  Then there are those who give up on life long before their heart stops beating--all used up, worn out, and caved in, yet they wake each morning an shuffle their tired legs through another day.  Maybe they're hoping for a change --a miracle, even --but runaway dreams and lost years hang heavily on their backs.  It's the only coat they know how to wear."

What do you think? Would you keep reading or move on to something else?   - I liked the intro a lot and the first 50 pages have breezed by for me, and looking forward to reading more.  

 Please join us and add your link below.

20 comments:

  1. This one sounds good and I really like the cover!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's Beth Hoffman! Of course I'm going to keep reading!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful writing!! Of course, I will keep reading Beth is one of my favorite authors! I am going to start reading this soon and I get to meet up with Beth at a local book signing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree about the writing, Bonnie. I love the imagery it evokes!

      Delete
  4. Sounds wonderful. I'd read on, for sure. Love the cover too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the opening... really need to read this one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore the look and sound of this one...it's on my preorder list and I can't wait. I like that part: "It's the only coat they know how to wear."

    Thanks for sharing...and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This does sound like a good one, Diane. I would definitely keep reading! I like the imagery the author evokes.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't even have to read the intro to know I will be reading this book.. It's Beth Hoffman. Can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think I would need to read a little more!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That cover is great. I'll look forward to hearing more about it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. sounds a little deep, I might try it when I was in a mood for deeper reading. kelley—the road goes ever ever on

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like this beginning... fresh and enticing. I'd like to read that.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would definitely read this book, thanks Diane :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh yes, I'd keep going. I'm looking forward to this one. If its even an ounce as good as CeeCee Honreycut, it'll be an instant hit.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Diane ... Thanks so much for selecting my book for your Tuesday Intro!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'll be reading this next, it's at the top of my pile.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you for the post. I so enjoyed CeeCee Honeycutt and will search this one out.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I liked the intro too :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and double thanks for any comments. If you ask a question in your comments, I will try to reply to it here, or by email if your settings allow me to do so. Thanks again for visiting.