Thursday, November 20, 2014

Coming Soon to a Bookstore Near You ~ The Strange Library; Haruki Murakami

Here's my "Coming Soon to a Book Store Near You" pick for today.  Do you plan on trying this one? It's a short novel (just 96 pages) compared to the author's previous books. 

The Strange Library; Haruki Murakami
Knopf - December - 2014

From internationally acclaimed author Haruki Murakami—a fantastical illustrated short novel about a boy imprisoned in a nightmarish library.

A lonely boy, a mysterious girl, and a tormented sheep man plot their escape from the nightmarish library of internationally acclaimed, best-selling Haruki Murakami's wild imagination.

13 comments:

  1. This sounds creepy so there's a good chance I'd like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many people love Murakami's work but I don't think it's for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. His last book, Colorless T....was much more normal than his typical surreal themes.

      Delete
  3. I so loved 1Q84, but thought Colorless totally underwhelmed, so I'm not sure how I feel about Murakami right now! 96 pages is probably worth taking a shot on though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See, I loved Colorless T...and haven't read 1Q84, but hope to try it one of these days.

      Delete
  4. I'll bet this one is really good! The premise is very promising....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never read this author, although many rave about him. A nightmarish library? I just see libraries as comforting and full of possibilities, so who knows what this author's imagination came up with?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know, libraries are comforting -- most by not this one, I suspect - LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, oh, oh, I hope Santa brings me this for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. yes, I can't wait, I've put my name on this at the library as soon as they pre-listed it

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and double thanks for any comments. If you ask a question in your comments, I will try to reply to it here, or by email if your settings allow me to do so. Thanks again for visiting.