Tuesday, May 7, 2019

First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros; The Wartime Sisters; Lynda Cohen Loigman



Each Tuesday, Vicki, from I’d Rather Be At The Beach hosts First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros where  readers post the opening paragraph (sometime two) of a book they are reading or that they plan to read. 

This one is combo read for me (audio and print) and, although I don't read a lot of historical fiction, so far this story is wonderful.


The Wartime Sisters; Lynda Cohen Loigman
St. Martin's Press - 2019

PART ONE

RUTH

Brooklyn, New York (1919-1932)

"Ruth was three years old when her sister was born.  Like most first-born children, Ruth assumed her younger sibling would be a miniature version of herself.  She would have straight hair, brown eyes, a soft, gentle voice.  She would love books and numbers, and the two of them would be inseparable.

It didn't take long for Ruth to realize her mistake."

What do you think? Read more or pass?


8 comments:

  1. That's a good intro and we would read on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been eyeing this book. See what I'm featuring at Girl Who Reads

    ReplyDelete
  3. A common mistake, I think. Sounds intriguing. Here's my link for today: https://wp.me/p4DMf0-1FT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds familiar. I do like stories about sisters.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think a lot of kids think that way but the reality is that most siblings are quite different.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have four sisters ahead of me and I know how they must have felt. I was nothing like the others, hah!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like this opening, a lot!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and double thanks for any comments. If you ask a question in your comments, I will try to reply to it here, or by email if your settings allow me to do so. Thanks again for visiting.