Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Tuesday Teasers













Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following: Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
(p 82)"She wished she could tell the difference between Jews and Italians. Some of the Jews wore skullcaps and many more of them appeared to wear glasses than did the Italians".
(I'm enjoying Brooklyn, by Colm Toibin)......2009, Scribner. What are you reading?

10 comments:

  1. Good one! I hope you enjoy Brooklyn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this book and look forward to reading more Toibin...maybe The Blackwater Lightship next. I'm still reading Someone at a Distance, but have started Little Bee on audio and it's great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting teaser...I'm wondering why she wants to tell the difference in the first place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Neat teaser! :-) I've had my eye on this book for a while!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've heard quite a bit about this book, and need to look into it. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've heard good things about this one. I'll look for your review

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the cover of this one...it's seems so 1950's-ish.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm looking forward to reading this one. Pushing for my book club to read it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and double thanks for any comments. If you ask a question in your comments, I will try to reply to it here, or by email if your settings allow me to do so. Thanks again for visiting.