Saturday, February 23, 2013

Kid Konnection Saturday - February 23rd

A weekend feature about children's books

April 9, 2013 - Random House Kids

Michael Paraskevas (author/illustrator) 
 
In this well done kids book, Taffy and his friends plan to spend a fun day at the beach. Together they want to build the "perfect" sand castle, but the beach is very very crowded.
 
As an adult, let your childhood imagination run wild as you think about the possiblities of still making it a "perfect" day at the beach when plans do not always work out as you expected.
 
This book has the brightest and most delightful colors. Happy characters and bright sunshire adorn the pages.  As the reader, this book made me want to act like a kid again and think about packing up the car and heading out to the beach -- even in February.
 
I really enjoyed this one and think it will be a kid and parent pleaser. 

9 comments:

  1. LOL - when I read "As an adult, let your childhood imagination run wild as you think about the possiblities of still making it a "perfect" day at the beach" the first thing that entered my mind was "go to a bookstore/coffee shop for the day"! LOLOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks adorable! And when it's snowing so much outside, this book can warm us up with cute images of the beach and the fun we look forward to this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks so cute! I want a yummy summer day right now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of the things I miss now my daughters are grown up is the chance to read new books for children. I've still got most of their childhood books, but nothing published recently.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this one sounds so adorable!!! I remember being a kid and building sand castles and being so absorbed in what we were doing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is so nice when the young ones have something good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The illustrations look adorable! I'm sure kids would be attracted to them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll be looking for this book to share with the grandkiddos! It looks so fun!! I want to go to the beach myself. Right now! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and double thanks for any comments. If you ask a question in your comments, I will try to reply to it here, or by email if your settings allow me to do so. Thanks again for visiting.