Thursday, June 19, 2014

The Greek Yogurt Kitchen; Toby Amidor

 
Toby Amidor - Grand Central May 2014

As a huge fan of Greek yogurt, I was anxious to see what this cookbook had to offer in terms of using Greek yogurt as a substitute ingredient in other recipes.  I couldn't have been more pleased as this book give so many more options for yogurt than as a go-to breakfast or snack food.

I loved how the book gave me ideas of how to substitute Greek yogurt for many higher fat items that I often use in recipes such as -- butter, cream cheese, oil and even mayonnaise.  All of the recipes in this books use only whole foods which was a pleasant surprise as well.

There are over 130 recipes, at least 3/4 of them I would not hesitate to try. There was a lot of variety when it came to healthy smoothie recipes, and as for comfort foods, my eyes lit up with a mac and cheese recipe made with Greek yogurt and Panko bread crumbs.  Blueberry/Bran Muffins, Banana/Walnut Muffins and Cobb Salad with a delicious creamy dill dressing were other awesome recipes that I plan to try.

The chapters are well organized: Greek Yogurt Superstar Food; Breakfast; Snacks & Appetizers; Salads, Soups and Sandwiches; Main Dishes; Side Dishes; Desserts. There is also a metric conversion chart that I loved. The only negative for me was the lack of visuals to go along with the recipes:(

4.5/5 stars - NetGalley

2 comments:

  1. I love Greek yogurt! And you are right, cookbooks should have pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am using Greek yogurt for digestive health! Cook book sounds good!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and double thanks for any comments. If you ask a question in your comments, I will try to reply to it here, or by email if your settings allow me to do so. Thanks again for visiting.