Thursday, June 26, 2014

The Whole Life Nutrition Cookbook: A Complete Nutritional and Cooking Guide for Healthy Living; Tom Malterre and Alissa Segersten

Grand Central Life - 2014

I know I should have focused more on healthy eating when I was younger, but it’s really never too later to try and improve oneself. I was anxious to checkout this book as it seemed all-encompassing as far as “whole foods and nutrition” was concerned.

It’s truly a beautiful book.  It’s all about gluten-free and whole foods for living a healthy life. The cookbook offers some 300 recipes with beautiful color photos.  For me, learning what to buy and how to stock my shelves with healthy staples and go-to products was so helpful, and with 450 pages it was actually almost overwhelming (in a good way) at times.

The book is well organized with Part I, (5-chapters) is all about Whole Life Nutrition and health. Part II, (also 5 chapters) is about Eating, Preparing, and Stocking Whole Foods and Part III, is Recipes (300 of them).

 Beautiful color photos – everything a nutrition cook book should be. It’s not just recipes, although the Banana Breakfast Cake and the Vegan Maple Pecan Pie immediately called my name, it’s also a teaching tool on nutrition and healthy eating as well. As recommended, I’ve also finally tossed all my plastic containers and replaced them with small Pyrex bowls and lids that will not be a health risk when heating or exposing them to acid based liquids like lemon, tomato products or vinegars.

Take a look at this one. I think you will be glad you did. 

5/5 stars 
eGalley/NetGalley

3 comments:

  1. I want to take a closer look at this one! Just put it on hold at the library. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks and sounds like an excellent, healthy cookbook!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you posted this. I have a few cookbooks out of the library for Gage cooking, but this one look worth a checkout too. I've become a believer and hope that a change in the kitchen will benefit the family.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and double thanks for any comments. If you ask a question in your comments, I will try to reply to it here, or by email if your settings allow me to do so. Thanks again for visiting.