Thursday, October 16, 2014

Coming Soon to a Book Store Near You - Driftwood; Elizabeth Dutton

 Here's my "Coming Soon to a Book Store Near You" pick for today.  What do you think about this novel -- would you try it? 

Driftwood; Elizabeth Dutton
Skyhorse Publishing- November - 2014

How far would you go for your family? A smart and funny debut about road trips, music, love, and California for fans of The Perks of Being A Wallflower, Run River and Killing Yourself to Live.

Los Angeles, California: Clem Jasper is a trust fund kid with a world famous rock musician for a father. When he dies suddenly (playing ping pong) she discovers he’s left her a strange legacy—a series of letters that take her on a mysterious road trip around California. Ignoring her aunt’s suggestion that she pitch the trip as a reality show, she embarks on her own—to discover just what it was that her father meant her to find. What secret could be so powerful that he had to die before telling her?

With a voice reminiscent of Rainbow Rowell, Dutton’s Driftwood is a surprising, poignant, and funny debut. Dutton perfectly captures the mythology of California with this bright and unusual take on the freedom of the open road, the power of music, and what it means, even in the midst of grief, to be a family. Fans of The Perks of Being A Wallflower, Run River and Killing Yourself to Live will find much to savor here.

12 comments:

  1. It does sound like an interesting journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the summary, I would pick up a copy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does sound good; thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment.

      Delete
  3. I have this one. I am probably going to be reading it soon as I am almost up to date with all my ARCs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucky you - all caught up with arcs. I am always hopelessly behind the 8-ball.

      Delete
  4. This sounds like a terrific concept. Hope it meets expectations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me too, on occasion the overview really is "too good to be true".

      Delete
  5. Heck yes! Definitely sounds like my kind of story.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and double thanks for any comments. If you ask a question in your comments, I will try to reply to it here, or by email if your settings allow me to do so. Thanks again for visiting.