Friday, January 1, 2010

2010 - Books to Read Before I Die Challenge

Details HERE

Here are the (20) books that I hope to read.

  1. The Master and Margarita ; Bulgakov
  2. The Woman in White; Wilkins
  3. The Poisonwood Bible; Kingsolver - 4.5/5
  4. Brazzaville Beach; Boyd
  5. The Sun Also Rises; Hemingway - 5/5
  6. Affinity; Waters
  7. The Wayward Bus; Steinbeck - 4.5/5
  8. We Have Always Lived in a Castle; Shirley Jackson - 4.5/5
  9. Moonflower Vine; Carleton - 4/5
  10. Into the Wilderness; Donati
  11. Half of a Yellow Sun; Adichie
  12. Jamacia Inn; DuMaurier - 4.5/5
  13. Those Who Save Us; Blum
  14. Pillars of the Earth; Ken Follett - 5/5
  15. Santaram; Roberts - 5/5
  16. A Northern Light; Donnelly
  17. Mudbound; Jordan - 4/5
  18. The House at Riverton; Morton - 4/5
  19. The Forgotten Garden; Morton - 4/5
  20. Lady Oracle; Atwood

9 comments:

  1. I want to do a post like this.... but there are so many books... and as more come out.... I want to read those too! LOL

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm reading The Master and Margarita right now. I started it back in the fall, but couldn't focus on it. Started it again this week, had the same difficulty, but stuck with it anyway. I'm liking it at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear. I hadn't heard of this challenge. Must check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so excited about this challenge! I changed my list a couple of times but it is set in stone now:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like your list! I love everything by Barbara Kingsolver, including the Poisonwood Bible -- I think Prodigal Summer is my favorite. The Michael Dorris book is wonderful too. And I just checked out the Jennifer Donnelly book from the library. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope everyone has fun and reads some great books along the way!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a great list. "The Woman in White" and "Half of a Yellow Sun" are both EXCELLENT books. Hope you enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A friend of mine absolutely loved The Woman in White and highly recommends it. I think I may keep this one in mind for this challenge for next year, if you decide to host it again!

    I tried The Master and Margarita last year, but unfortunately put it down. I just don't do too well with translated books sometimes. And I even have a close friend who is Ukrainian, and she was trying to explain some of the concepts to me. It seems my American mind just couldn't absorb some of the abstract points being made in the book. Maybe you'll have more luck with it than I did. I'll be interested to read your review if you post one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another great list, Diane! I enjoyed The Woman in White, Half of a Yellow Sun, and The Poisonwood Bible. Wanting to read The Master and Margarita, Lady Oracle, and Jamaica Inn too! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and double thanks for any comments. If you ask a question in your comments, I will try to reply to it here, or by email if your settings allow me to do so. Thanks again for visiting.