Saturday, January 16, 2010

Mystery Read-a-Thon - Intro Questions

Second cup of coffee the morning and I'm ready to tackle the intro questions for Mystery Read-a-thon participants:

1) Give us five fun-facts about you. (Things that are so trivial you wouldn't think of them right away, but that might make others smile.)

I have a weird sense of humor, and I guess I can act pretty childish at times; I've been known to hold a grudge for a long time; I'm a private person who loves just staying home with my husband and having just occasional company; I'm noise sensitive and prefer quiet places; I could not imagine our home without a cat or two or three!

2) What is on your TBR stack for the next two days?

The Red Door; Todd ; Blacklands; Bauer; The End of the Road; Henry and Shutter Island; LeHane (audio).

3) Do you have any specific hopes and plans for this read-a-thon?

Not really, I just plan to read  about (6) hours each day and enjoy a few guiltless mysteries in the process.

4) Did you participate in the Mystery Read-A-Thon in the past? 

No, I was not aware of it in the past.

5) If you already participated, can you give the new participants any tips on what to do and what not to do?

I have been in a different type of read-a-thon (24 hour read-a-thon), and I found it helpful to have an audio book going for when you did other things: cleaning, walking etc. 

6) If this is your first Mystery Read-A-Thon, how do you plan to go ahead?

I'm planning on starting a shorter book first to motivate me.

Have fun everyone! Now to get reading!

11 comments:

  1. Enjoy your weekend Diane!! I can so relate to the homebody side of your personality. As long as the fridge is stocked I'd rather not leave the house!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a fun weekend reading. I can relate to the noise thing liking peace and quiet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun reading this weekend. I plan to finish two books, if I'm lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm finding that the older I get, the more noise bothers me, so I can totally relate. Have fun this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a homebody, too...have fun this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a fun weekend Diane. I'll be joining you all in spirit since I am unable to participate!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you're enjoying the books you chose for the read-a-thon. I'm always looking for new mystery authors so can't wait to find out what you've read and what you thought of them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so jealous that you get to read mysteries all weekend! This weekend doesn't work for me to do that :-(

    I am a real extrovert, but I think I must get all my energy out during the day at work (interacting with teenagers all day will do that) since once I am home, I am SO happy to just hang out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so jealous that you get to read mysteries all weekend! This weekend doesn't work for me to do that :-(

    I am a real extrovert, but I think I must get all my energy out during the day at work (interacting with teenagers all day will do that) since once I am home, I am SO happy to just hang out.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! You're lucky to be able to read so much this weekend (although I'm sure scheduling the reading took a lot of planning). I enjoyed reading your answers and hope you enjoy your reading this weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and double thanks for any comments. If you ask a question in your comments, I will try to reply to it here, or by email if your settings allow me to do so. Thanks again for visiting.