Friday, January 1, 2010

2010 - The Complete Booker Challenge

  • The challenge runs from January 1 - December 31, 2010.
  • There are several levels of participation:
Winners Circle:  read at least 6 winners (my choice)
Contender:  read at least 6 shortlisted nominees
Longshot: read at least 6 longlisted nominees
Booker Devotee: choose a year, and read all 6 shortlisted works from that year
Booker Fanatic: choose a year, and read all 13 long- and shortlisted works from that year
  • Overlaps with other challenges are permitted.
  • Book selections don't have to be posted right away, and lists may be changed at any time.
 These are the Books I plan to read:

  1. Midnight's Children; Salman Rushdie (1981)
  2. The God of Small Things; Arundhati Roy (1997)
  3. Disgrace; J.M. Coetzee (1999)
  4. The Blind Assassin; Margaret Atwood (2000)
  5. The Sea; John Banville (2005)
  6. The Gathering; Anne Enright (2007)

4 comments:

  1. That's a great list of books. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh Diane! What a great list! I have enjoyed and loved the first four on your list. The fifth I didn't like so much, but plan on rereading and maybe appreciate it better. The sixth I've yet to read.. it's gotten mixed reviews, and has a reputation for being depressing, so we'll see. Hope you have a blast reading those Bookers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Claire....so glad to get your positive endorsement on my selections. Much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved God of Small Things and The Sea. The Gathering was good but didn't do a lot for me. I hope it does for you. Happy reading. I am doing this one too. I read Possession by Byatt recently and loved it. I'll watch for your reviews.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and double thanks for any comments. If you ask a question in your comments, I will try to reply to it here, or by email if your settings allow me to do so. Thanks again for visiting.