Friday, January 1, 2010

2010 Reading From My Shelves Project - COMPLETED!!

Details HERE

I'm hoping to read and donate (75) books from my shelves in 2010.


  1. Jamaica Inn; D. DuMaurier - 4.5/5
  2. The Handmaid's Tale; Margaret Atwood -(4.5/5)
  3.  The Wayward Bus; John Steinbeck - 4.5/5
  4.  Buckley's Story; Ingrid King - 4.5/5
  5.  Worst Case; Patterson and Ledwidge (audio) - 3/5
  6.  Blackwater Lightship; Colm Toibin
  7.  Backseat Saints; Joshilyn Jackson - 4.5/5
  8.  Mudbound; Hillary Jordan - 4/5
  9.  Private Life; Jane Smiley - 4/5
  10.  The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lack; Skloot - 4.5/5
  11.  Sacred Hearts; Sarah Dunant - 4/5
  12.  The Lovers; Vendela Vida - 4.5/5
  13.  Unfinished Desires; Godwin- 4/5
  14.  Make That a Table for Seven; Davis and Davis - 4.5/5
  15.  The Girl Next Door; Noble - 3.5/5
  16.  My Name is Mary Sutter; Robin Oliveria - 5/5
  17.  The Season of Second Chances; Diane Meier- 4.5/5
  18.  Letter To My Daughter; George Bishop - 4/5
  19.  The Lake Shore Limited; Sue Miller - 3.5/5
  20.  The Long Song; Andrea Levy - 4/5
  21.  Live To Tell; Lisa Gardner - 4/5
  22.  Wish Her Safe At Home; Stephen Benatar - 4/5
  23.  Stuff: Compulsive Hoarding and the Meaning of Things; Frost and Steketee - 4/5
  24.  Lost; Lichtenstein - 3/5
  25.  Imperfect Birds; Anne Lamott - 3/5
  26.  South of Broad; Pat Conroy - 4.5/5
  27.  The Happiness Project; Gretchen Rubin - 3/5
  28.  Winging It; Jenny Gardiner - 4/5
  29.  Wench; Perkins-Valdez - 4.5/5
  30.  The Weed That Strings the Hangman's Bag; Bradley - 4.5/5
  31.  How High the Moon; Sandra Kring - 5/5
  32.  Gilded: How Newport Became America's Richest Resort; D. Davis - 4/5
  33.  Remarkable Creatures; Tracy Chevalier - 4.5/5
  34.  The Disappeared; M.R. Hall - 3/5
  35.  One Amazing Thing; Chitra Divakaruni - 4/5
  36.  Blacklands; Belinda Bauer - 4/5
  37.  The Red Door; Charles Todd - 3.5/5
  38.  Secrets of Eden; Chris Bohjalian - 4/5
  39.  Making Rounds With Oscar; David Dosa M.D.- 5/5
  40.  Noah's Compass; Anne Tyler - 5/5
  41.  Not My Daughter; Barbara Delinsky - 4/5
  42.  American Rust; Philipp Meyer - 4/5
  43.  Making Toast; Roger Rosenblatt - 4.5/5
  44.  Sacred Hearts; Sarah Dunant - 4/5
  45.  The Girl Who Chased the Moon; S. Addison Allen - 4/5
  46.  The Solitude of Prime Numbers; Paulo Giordano-5/5
  47.  Saving Gracie; Carol Bradley - 4.5/5
  48.  The Language of Secrets; Dianne Dixon - 2/5
  49.  Fast, Fresh and Green; Susie Middleton - 4/5
  50.  Beatrice and Virgil; Martel - 4.5/5
  51.  Perfect Reader; Maggie Pouncey - 4/5
  52.  The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake; Aimee Bender
  53.  Sisters from Hardscrabble Bay; Beverly Jensen - 4/5
  54.  Sea Escape; Lynne Griffin - 4/5
  55.  The House on Oyster Creek; Heidi Jon Schmidt - 3.5/5
  56. Backseat Saints; Joshilyn Jackson - 4.5/5
  57.  Blind Hope; Kim Meeder - 2/5
  58. The Thousand Autumns of Jacob de Zoet; David Mitchell - 4.5/5
  59. The Good Daughters; Joyce Maynard - 5/5 
  60. Such a Pretty Face; Cathy Lamb - 4.5/5 
  61. Neighborhood Watch; Cammie McGovern - 4/5 
  62. The Gendarme; Mustian - 4.5/5
  63. The Good Psychologist; Noam Shpancer - 4/5
  64. Fragile; Lisa Unger - 4/5 
  65. A Secret Kept; de Rosnay - 2.5/5
  66. Room; Emma Donoghue - 4.5/5
  67. You Don't Look Like Anyone I Know; Heather Sellers - 4/5 
  68. Pillars of the Earth; Ken Follett - 5/5 
  69. Lady Matador's Hotel; Cristina Garcia - 4/5
  70. Resurrection in May; Lisa Samson - 3/5 
  71. Fall of Giants; Ken Follett - 5/5 
  72. The Heights; Peter Hedges - 2/5
  73. Girl in Translation; Jean Kwok - 4.5/5 (audio)
  74. The Bells; Richard Harvell - 5/5 
  75. We Have Always Lived in a Castle; Shirley Jackson - 5/5 
  76. The Sun Also Rises; Ernest Hemingway - 5/5
  77. Interrupting Chicken; David Ezra Stein - 5/5
  78. House at Riverton; Kate Morton - 4/5 
  79. The Healer; Carol Cassella - 4/5 
  80. Moonlight Mile; Dennis LeHane - 3.5/5 
  81. Blue Nude; Elizabeth Rosner - 5/5 
  82. The Poisonwood Bible; Barbara Kingsolver - 4.5/5 (audio)
  83. Freedom; Jonathan Franzen - 4/5 (audio)
  84. Strangers at the Feast; J. Vanderbes - 5/5 
  85. Shantaram; Gregory - 5/5
  86. By Nightfall; Cunningham 4/6
  87. Bury Your Dead; Penny - 4.5/5
  88. Forgotten Garden; Kate Morton - 4/5
  89. The Last Train; Titcomb - 5/5 
  90. The Moonflower Vine;  Jetta Carleton - 4/5
  91. A Cup of Friendship; D Rodriguez - 3.5/5
  92. The Last Days of Ptolemy Grey; Walter Mosley - 4.5/5
  93.  Unbroken; Laura Hillenbrand - 5/5

21 comments:

  1. I've thought about making a list for your challenge but every time I decide to I get scared!! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've joined you on this challenge-it is very exciting! I am intrigued by the books on your list-can't wait to read your reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW - great reads there..... stopping by to say Happy New Year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Thrity Umrigar and haven't read the one on your list- can't wait to read your review!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year!

    I was going to join the challenge but I have a had time giving up my books.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Waiting to read your reviews as the list is very comprehensive and more to come

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Diane,
    I've joined in on this challenge. I've posted about it at my place, Just Books. Thanks for stopping by my place. Have a great new year of reading!

    Sherrie
    Just Books
    http://sherriesbooks.blogspot.com/2010/01/2010-reading-from-my-shelves-project.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. I signed up too and am committed to 24 but yesterday I was looking at the shelves and have added another 31 to my list. Yow!
    Your goal of 75 is admirable. It's a good think you are allowing crossovers.

    Have a happy, healthy and joyous New Year filled with good friends and great books.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks to all who have joined this challenge -- remember if you want to join and have a hard time parting with the books afterward, no one will check up and report you to the book police...LOL

    Have fun all.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are a list-maker after my own heart! What a year you have planned—daunting, to say the least. Happy new year, and good luck!

    (I like your 2010 avatar)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great list! Good luck with all of your challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think I'm going to have to go listless for this one. I've got so many books I want to read this year that will not leave my house--my husband would not tolerate my giving away his Dickens books! But I'm pretty good about passing books along. There's got to be room for new ones, right?!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You've got some great selections there. You sure want to donate all of them?

    Make sure to tell us how the Atwood books turned out. The only one of her works I've read is Oryx and Crake and I loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lisa....not a problem (no list). I'm not sure these are the ones I'll actually read on my list, some of them yes, but I'm sure I'll find others to substitute...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm doing your challenge so it's good of you to raise the bar high for us!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Amused...consider the bar raised...LOL (Thanks for joining in)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I practically swooned when I saw The Robber Bride, Cat's Eye, and Kafka on The Shore in your list. Those are three of my top favorite books Ever. EVER! So, you might want to pick those up this week. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for the feedback about these books. I'm actually reading and enjoying Atwood's A Handmaid's Tale.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Diane, I see that you've signed up for a lot of challenges this year. All the best and good luck! And most of all, happy reading! :D

    ReplyDelete
  20. I finally decided on my list. Just hope I can stay committed. I actually finished all my challenges last year - which is a first for me.

    booksnwhatnot.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and double thanks for any comments. If you ask a question in your comments, I will try to reply to it here, or by email if your settings allow me to do so. Thanks again for visiting.