Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday - The Solitude of Prime Numbers


Waiting On” Wednesday is hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine.  What book are you waiting for to be released?  Here's my pick:

Pub Date: March 18, 2010 - Viking

(amazon)
A bestselling international literary sensation about whether a "prime number" can ever truly connect with someone else

A prime number can only be divided by itself or by one-it never truly fits with another. Alice and Mattia, both "primes," are misfits who seem destined to be alone. Haunted by childhood tragedies that mark their lives, they cannot reach out to anyone else. When Alice and Mattia meet as teenagers, they recognize in each other a kindred, damaged spirit.

But the mathematically gifted Mattia accepts a research position that takes him thousands of miles away, and the two are forced to separate. Then a chance occurrence reunites them and forces a lifetime of concealed emotion to the surface.

Like Mark Haddon's The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night- Time, this is a stunning meditation on loneliness, love, and the weight of childhood experience that is set to become a universal classic.


25 comments:

  1. Sounds interesting. I liked A Dog in the Nighttime, so I might give this one a try too.

    Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's a lot of talk about this book in Holland. My mother-in-law read it and actually mentioned it the other day. She was very impressed with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mrs. B....Thanks for the great endorsement on this book from your MIL. Now I am really looking forward to it even more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very good pick. I heard of this author and the first book, but haven't read it. THis one sounds very good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You always pick books that 1) I've never heard of and 2) are right up my alley! We really have similar reading taste.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds good! I'm adding it to my list.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the title and the cover! This really looks like a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. yes, if it has much in common with The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time, which I loved, I will have to check this one out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an interesting way to look at prime numbers. I am going to have to pick this up when it is released. There are so many amazing books being released in March.

    Here is
    http://bibliophilebythesea.blogspot.com/2010/01/waiting-on-wednesday-solitude-of-prime.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think I messed up the link to my previous comment. Oops...sorry, but that doesn't change that I am going to be checking out this book.

    Mine is here:
    http://abookhoarder.blogspot.com/2010/01/waiting-on-wednesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've seen this one at BookPage and it does look really good... Personally, I'm hoping I can review it for the April issue! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds really good. Nice pick. Mine is at The Crowded Leaf.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the cover. It sounds like a good book!
    Nice pick, Diane : )

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like a good one! I'll add it to the list!

    -Amy
    life by candlelight

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm waiting for this one too. It has been released in hardback here, but hasn't turned up in my library yet - or in paperback. I have heard very mixed things about it, so am not sure I'll like it, but I look forward to finding out!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Another great pick, thanks for the heads up :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh hello! This looks amazing! I love books about misfits in love.

    ReplyDelete
  18. HC...Thanks so much for the award; that was so thoughtful of you :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. totally sounds interesting...Loved Curious Incident so I'm intrigued by this one!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I really enjoyed The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time and this one looks great as well! Will definitely keep an eye out for it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. You've piqued my curiosity. You always pick such interesting books!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I really liked The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time, so I'll have to keep an eye out for this one.

    ReplyDelete
  23. This does sound good. I like the cover too. Another great pick.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I just love the cover of this book! The synopsis sounds interesting as well, so I will be adding this to my wish list. Thanks for the heads up on this book!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and double thanks for any comments. If you ask a question in your comments, I will try to reply to it here, or by email if your settings allow me to do so. Thanks again for visiting.