Can you believe half of 2012 is over? The first half of 2012 was exciting for our family. My husband's son and his family bought a condo in Manhattan at the beginning of the year. My first grandchild was born (10) weeks ago -- she's grown over 3" and gained 4.5 lbs. I think I mentioned we think she's adorable:) She is also starting to "babble" a bit and the doctor said she seems advanced and may start rolling over very soon as well. We get to see her weekly so I am thrilled about that. Then last week my son and his wife closed on their first home -- remote, wooded, 6++ acres -- we are off to visit them today. So for us, the second half of 2012 is bound to be a bit less exciting, but we are not complaining--
Father's Day weekend was spent visiting and playing in NYC. Now, I'm in the middle of having (7) days off from work. It's so nice to do nothing or do something, but I get to decide. We've been to the casino, we do that about once a year. (no winners here, but it was still fun, the outdoor pool area was so nice and enjoyed lunch outdoors by the pool as well. Not accomplishing a lot of reading while I've been off for some reason, but hope to remedy that situation.
All in all I'm happy with my 1st-half of 2012 reading. Here's a link to what I've read in 2012 so far. (70 out of my goal of 125 for the year). I signed up for (7) challenges and am more than pleased with my progress except for (1). They are listed on my left sidebar in case you are interested. (I'm hoping to post my thoughts about the first part of Stephen King's, The Stand, --(what I've read thus far), within the next week.
Here's what I read in June:
- UR; Stephen King - 4/5 (audio)
- Monday Mornings; Sanjay Gupta 4/5 - (audio)
- The Spectator Bird; Wallace Stegner 5/5)
- The Joy Fit Club: Cookbook, Diet Plan & Inspiration; Joy Bauer, MS RD (5/5) review
- A Partial History of Lost Causes; Jennifer duBois 4/5 - (audio)
- Summer of the Gypsy Moths; Sara Pennypacker - 4/5 (kids-8+)
- Picture This; Jacqueline Sheehan - 3.5/5 (eBook)
- Arcadia; Lauren Groff - 3.5/5 (audio)-( no review yet)
- Unsaid; Neil Abramson - 4/5 eGalley -( no review yet)
5/5 starsIn progress:
- The Stand; Stephen King (in progress - eBook)
- In One Person; John Irving (in progress - audio book)
- Northwest Corner; John Burnham Schwartz (in progress - hardcover)
- Finish the (3) above books in progress
- Gold; Chris Cleave
- Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest (book #3) Larrson Trilogy)
- A memoir
- (3) kids books
- (3) audio books
Have you set any reading goals for yourself in 2012? If so, how's your mid year progress?
Have a great day everyone, and if you are celebrating the 4th of July, enjoy!