BBAW has this fun reading meme for the day. And it’s all about brevity (which we all know I don’t do very often). I’m going to try my best to answer each of these in just a few words. Feel free to play along!
- Do you snack while you read? If so, favorite reading snack? I usually don't snack when reading (I need both hands), the most I can handle is bottled water or a cup of tea (even that is a challenge).
- Do you tend to mark your books as you read, or does the idea of writing in books horrify you? Honestly, I would not mind writing in my books if I were to keep them, but PBS frowns upon swapping books with writing in them, so I use sticky notes instead.
- How do you keep your place while reading a book? Bookmark? Dog-ears? Laying the book flat open? Sticky notes would be my answer once again.
- Fiction, Non-fiction, or both? Both, I need variety.
- Hard copy or audio books? Both; I always have one of each going at the same time.
Are you a person who tends to read to the end of chapters, or are you able to put a book down at any point? It depends, I've been known to do both.
- If you come across an unfamiliar word, do you stop to look it up right away? I use to always have a dictionary at my side. Now, I just write the words down on the above mentioned sticky notes and look them up later.
- What are you currently reading? Day After Night; Anita Diamant
- What is the last book you bought? Several but, I'll just mention: Mudbound; Hiliary Jordan.
- Are you the type of person that only reads one book at a time or can you read more than one at a time? I’m usually reading (3) books at a time. Print book, audio for the car, and a different audio on my IPOD.
- Do you have a favorite time of day and/or place to read? Anytime. On the deck in nice weather, or in my reading loft most other times.
- Do you prefer series books or stand alone books? Usually stand-alones.
- Is there a specific book or author that you find yourself recommending over and over? Favorite books: The Help; Stockett. Authors: I always talk about: Thrity Umrigar; Chris Bohjallian; Wally Lamb, Anita Shreve, Jodi Picoult, and Lisa See over and over again.
- How do you organize your books? (By genre, title, author’s last name, etc.?) HUH???? How would I manage that without going insane with 600+ unread books??