Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Tuesday Teasers










MizB of Should Be Reading hosts the Teaser Tuesdays weekly event

Here are the rules:

* Grab your current read

* Let the book fall open to a random page

* Share with us two (2) “teaser” sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12

*You also need to share the title of the book that you’re getting your “teaser” from … that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you’ve given!

* Please avoid spoilers!

"Was it some form of payback---"gotcha"--for the person she no longer was, the mother Vincent had endured after the kidnapping, the skeletal scaffolding of a human being who lived years, woke and slept in the same clothes until Pat ran a bath and led her to it?  As Candy use to say, the answer was usually the question."
 
*** I'm still reading,  A Change of Altitude; Anita Shreve, last week's Tuesday Teaser, but it's slow going for me :(

11 comments:

  1. This sounds really good. I've never read anything by this author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are driving home in the boreal forest that wraps itself like an immense muffler around the shoulders of North America....The ground of whatever I was or would be, root and spirit. ~Rudy Wiebe, Of This Earth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice teaser. Definitely makes me interested in seeing what the book is actually about.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! We are reading the same book! I love the sentences you chose!

    Mine are over on http://laurel-rain-snow.blogspot.com/

    at my blog dubbed RAINY DAYS AND MONDAYS.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great teaser...I can't wait to read this book!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your teaser! Makes me want to read the book for sure! This is one of the reasons I love this meme so much!

    Here's mine if you are interested:

    http://bookblabbing.blogspot.com/2009/09/teaser-tuesday_29.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not familiar with this author or book, but it sounds intriguing. Love this part: "the answer was usually the question."

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like an interesting read!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the teaser... this is a book I would love to read.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and double thanks for any comments. If you ask a question in your comments, I will try to reply to it here, or by email if your settings allow me to do so. Thanks again for visiting.