Wednesday, September 30, 2009

September Reading in Review

September was a gorgeous month weather-wise, a good month reading-wise, and a pretty good month for donating unwanted books (26 last week and 14 more this week).

In September I read (16) books (exactly the same # as last month). The quality of my reads was good. (Just (1) book was pretty bad: Stuart Woods – Loitering With Intent). My favorite book was an audio: Lisa Gardner’s: The Neighbor.


Of the (16) books I did read, (9) were review books. I read (5) non fiction books and listened to (4) audio books. (11/16) books were from my stacks, and 5/16 came from the library (the same as last month). Here is a summary:

September
134. The Woodstock Story; Sackett and Levine -  (review/NF)
135. The Neighbor; Lisa Gardner -  (audio)
136. Dragon House; John Shors -  (review)
137. The Shimmer; David Morrell -  (review)
138. The Hidden Life of Deer; Marshall-Thomas -  (review/NF)
139. Brooklyn; Toibin 
140. Loitering With Intent; Stuart Woods - not recommended (audio)
141. Bird in Hand; Kline -  (review)
142. Homer and Langley; E.L. Doctorow -
143. Saving Sammy: Curing the Boy Who Caught OCD; Beth Maloney -  (review/NF)
144. The Boy Who Harnessed the Wind; Kamkwamba & Mealy - (review/NF)
145. I Was Told Ther'd Be Cake; Sloane Crosley - (audio/NF)
146. Day After Night; Anita Diamant - (review)
147. Yes, My Darling Daughter; Margaret Leroy 
148.  The Sari Shop Widow; Shoban Bantwal - (review/tour)
149. The Broken Window; Jeffery Deaver - (audio)

Open Challenges
  • A-Z Challenge - 23/26
  • Read Your Own Books Challenge - 83/100
  • John Steinbeck Mini Challenge - 1/2
  • War Through the Generations WWII - 3/5
  • R.I.P. IV Challenge - 2/4
  • Fall Into Reading Challenge – 1/15

    Hope you had a good month as well!

13 comments:

  1. September turned out to be a really good month for you!! I think I might keep stats for myself starting next year...it's fun to go back and see how each month turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had an awesome month! I haven't looked at my totals yet, so I have no clue how much I've read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You read a lot in September! I didn't read quite as much as you, but I did post more often (partly due to BBAW, I think, and reading challenges).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done, Diane! I only managed 9 in September. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow...16 books in one month. How do you remember each one without mixing them up? Amazing. Sounds like it was a fun month.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great reading month you had! I don't think my September was very good in terms of books read but I read some great stories so I'm happy about that :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous month you had. I am impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's some heavy-duty reading. I need to get to the library and pick up some audio books again. My drive is shorter than it used to be, but it's still and hour a day when I could be listening to a book.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, I'm impressed with how much you accomplished in September -- what a great month!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Able to get rid of 40 books!!! You need to come and clear my shelves for me. Even though I know I won't read most again I have a tough time getting rid of them.

    Congrats on such a great month--hope October is just as good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love wrap-up posts. I need to do mine ... though I only do them quarterly! ; )

    And I just finished reading "The Neighbor" tonight. I really enjoy Lisa Gardner's books and when I saw it at the library, I couldn't resist. I thought it was great! Lots of suspense and I wasn't 100% sure where it was going. And I know it references a previous book that I read but I read it so long ago that I couldn't remember it. Argh.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another good reading month for you! I hope you have a good October!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You had a great month! I've never read anything by Lisa Gardner. I read 11 last month. My list will be posted in a few.

    --Anna
    Diary of an Eccentric

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and double thanks for any comments. If you ask a question in your comments, I will try to reply to it here, or by email if your settings allow me to do so. Thank again for visiting.

(I apologize for the word verification, spammers spoil it for all sadly.)