Wednesday, September 30, 2009

September Reading in Review

September was a gorgeous month weather-wise, a good month reading-wise, and a pretty good month for donating unwanted books (26 last week and 14 more this week).

In September I read (16) books (exactly the same # as last month). The quality of my reads was good. (Just (1) book was pretty bad: Stuart Woods – Loitering With Intent). My favorite book was an audio: Lisa Gardner’s: The Neighbor.


Of the (16) books I did read, (9) were review books. I read (5) non fiction books and listened to (4) audio books. (11/16) books were from my stacks, and 5/16 came from the library (the same as last month). Here is a summary:

September
134. The Woodstock Story; Sackett and Levine -  (review/NF)
135. The Neighbor; Lisa Gardner -  (audio)
136. Dragon House; John Shors -  (review)
137. The Shimmer; David Morrell -  (review)
138. The Hidden Life of Deer; Marshall-Thomas -  (review/NF)
139. Brooklyn; Toibin 
140. Loitering With Intent; Stuart Woods - not recommended (audio)
141. Bird in Hand; Kline -  (review)
142. Homer and Langley; E.L. Doctorow -
143. Saving Sammy: Curing the Boy Who Caught OCD; Beth Maloney -  (review/NF)
144. The Boy Who Harnessed the Wind; Kamkwamba & Mealy - (review/NF)
145. I Was Told Ther'd Be Cake; Sloane Crosley - (audio/NF)
146. Day After Night; Anita Diamant - (review)
147. Yes, My Darling Daughter; Margaret Leroy 
148.  The Sari Shop Widow; Shoban Bantwal - (review/tour)
149. The Broken Window; Jeffery Deaver - (audio)

Open Challenges
  • A-Z Challenge - 23/26
  • Read Your Own Books Challenge - 83/100
  • John Steinbeck Mini Challenge - 1/2
  • War Through the Generations WWII - 3/5
  • R.I.P. IV Challenge - 2/4
  • Fall Into Reading Challenge – 1/15

    Hope you had a good month as well!

13 comments:

  1. September turned out to be a really good month for you!! I think I might keep stats for myself starting next year...it's fun to go back and see how each month turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had an awesome month! I haven't looked at my totals yet, so I have no clue how much I've read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You read a lot in September! I didn't read quite as much as you, but I did post more often (partly due to BBAW, I think, and reading challenges).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done, Diane! I only managed 9 in September. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow...16 books in one month. How do you remember each one without mixing them up? Amazing. Sounds like it was a fun month.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great reading month you had! I don't think my September was very good in terms of books read but I read some great stories so I'm happy about that :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous month you had. I am impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's some heavy-duty reading. I need to get to the library and pick up some audio books again. My drive is shorter than it used to be, but it's still and hour a day when I could be listening to a book.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, I'm impressed with how much you accomplished in September -- what a great month!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Able to get rid of 40 books!!! You need to come and clear my shelves for me. Even though I know I won't read most again I have a tough time getting rid of them.

    Congrats on such a great month--hope October is just as good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love wrap-up posts. I need to do mine ... though I only do them quarterly! ; )

    And I just finished reading "The Neighbor" tonight. I really enjoy Lisa Gardner's books and when I saw it at the library, I couldn't resist. I thought it was great! Lots of suspense and I wasn't 100% sure where it was going. And I know it references a previous book that I read but I read it so long ago that I couldn't remember it. Argh.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another good reading month for you! I hope you have a good October!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You had a great month! I've never read anything by Lisa Gardner. I read 11 last month. My list will be posted in a few.

    --Anna
    Diary of an Eccentric

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and double thanks for any comments. If you ask a question in your comments, I will try to reply to it here, or by email if your settings allow me to do so. Thanks again for visiting.