Completed - 12/3/09
I had a lot of fun with this challenge in 2008, so I am so happy that Katrina is kind enough to host it again. The rules are simple, and I love it, since it helps me to read books from my shelf. I'm hoping to read (15) books for this challenge. Here's some basic info about the challenge:
- Fall Into Reading 2009 is a fun, low-pressure reading challenge open to anyone and everyone.
- It will take place September 22nd-December 20th (which, not surprisingly, is the fall of 2009).
- To participate, here’s what you need to do: Create a list of some books you’d like to read or finish this fall. This is the only real requirement for participating in the challenge.
- Write a blog post that includes the list of books you want to read (and any additional goals you’ve set), and get ready to post it on your blog on September 22nd.
Visit Callapidder Days on September 22nd to sign up for the challenge.
- Still Life; Louise Penny - recommended
- A Brutal Telling; Louise Penney (review) - recommended
- What the Dead Know; Laura Lippman - recommended
- The Haunting of Hill House; Shirley Jackson - recommended
- Tortilla Flat; John Steinbeck - recommended
- Baking Cakes in Kigali; Gaile Parkin (review) - recommended
- Picking Bones From Ash; Mockett - recommended
- Her Fearful Symmetry; Niffennegger (review) - recommended
- The Broken Window; Jeffery Deaver - recommended
- Traveling With Pomegranates; Kidd Monk and Taylor - disappointed
- Away; Amy Bloom - recommended
- The Physick Book of Deliverance Dane; Katherine Howe (review) - recommended
- Half Broke Horses; Jeanette Walls (review) - highly recommended
- A Change in Altitude; Anita Shreve (review) - disappointed
- Wishin' and Hopin: A Christmas Story; Lamb (review) - recommended