Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Clear Off Your Shelves Challenge

Thanks to Swapna at S. Krishna's Books for hosting this challenge which runs from October 1 - November 30, 2009. If you need something to help motivate you to read more of your own books, this might be the challenge for you??
  • This challenge will work a little differently than other challenges. Instead of picking a set number of books to read during this time period, you will pick a percentage. This means that a certain percentage of the books you read during these two months will have to qualify for this challenge. For example, let’s say you pick 40% and you end up reading 10 books in October and November. 4 of those books would have to qualify for this challenge in order for you to complete it. I am setting a minimum percentage of 20%.
  • As a result, there is no need to make a list of books prior to starting the challenge, though please feel free to do so if you want to! Your wrap-up post should have a list of the books you read for the challenge, though, so please do keep track of what you read!
  • For more information on details, please go here.
Completed Books from my Shelves:
  1. A Change in Altitude; Anita Shreve - disappointing
  2. The Brutal Telling; Penny - recommended
  3. What the Dead Know; Lippmann - recommended
  4. Tortilla Flat; Steinbeck - recommended
  5. Solace; Temes -  recommended
  6. A Duty to the Dead; Martin - recommended 
  7. Gift of the Sea; Lindbergh - recommended
  8. Sworn to Silence; Castillo (audio) - recommended
  9. Haunted Island; Nadler - ?? - okay   
  10. The Recipe Club; Israel and Garfinkle - recommended
  11. The Christmas Cookie Club; Pearlman - recommended  
  12. The Haunting of Hill House; Shirley Jackson - recommended 
  13. Picking Bones from Ash; Mockett - recommended 
  14. The Physick Book of Deliverance Dane; K. Howe - recommended
  15. Away; Amy Bloom - (audio) - recommended
  16. Her Fearful Symmetry; A. Niffenegger - recommended 
  17. The Christmas Dog; Carlson - recommended
  18. Await Your Reply; Chaon - recommended
  19. The Christmas List; Evans - recommended
  20. Wishin and Hopin: A Christmas Story; Lamb - recommended    


  1. I'm mathematically challenged - it took me too long to figure this out. Now that I've got it, I think I'll join, too.

  2. Good luck! I'm doing this challenge too, and this is one I really hope I complete!

  3. Best of luck with the challenge!

  4. I've been wanting to clear my bookshelf, but myt whim might be a huge blockade! I keep on buying books that interest me but that I have no desire to read right away!


Thanks for taking the time to visit and double thanks for any comments. If you ask a question in your comments, I will try to reply to it here, or by email if your settings allow me to do so. Thank again for visiting.

(I apologize for the word verification, spammers spoil it for all sadly.)