Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Dragon House; John Shors and Tuesday Teasers


Today is the official release date of John Shors new book: Dragon House. By the looks of reviews around the blogosphere, everyone is loving this book. I was hoping to have it read and review by today, but that has not happen. I PROMISE, I will have it read and reviewed by the end of the week; I just just started it. If you have not read John Shors yet, you are in for a treat. How about Beneath a Marble Sky, or Beside a Burning Sea ?
Curious about his new book ??

Here's what the Amazon description says:
Set in modern-day Vietnam,
DRAGON HOUSE tells the tale of Iris and Noah-two Americans, who, as a way of healing their own painful pasts, open a center to house and educate Vietnamese street children. Irish and Noah find themselves reborn in an exotic land filled with corruption and chaos, sacrifice and beauty. Inspired by the street children she meets, Iris walks in the footsteps of her father, a man whom Vietnam both shattered and saved. Meanwhile, Noah slowly rediscovers himself through the eyes of an unexpected companion. Resounding with the powerful themes of suffering, sacrifice, friendship, and love, DRAGON HOUSE brings together East and West, war and peace; and celebrates the resilience of the human spirit.

(I'll sneak in my Tuesday Teaser sentences at the same time on this book...page 13)....

"Iris thought about her father, about how he came home shattered from a war that wasn't of his making. A marriage and a daughter had not saved him from his demons".

16 comments:

  1. Can't wait to read your review. This is the first time I have heard of this book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This does sound good. Is it a YA book?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have not read anything by John Shors,but this book sounds really interesting. I'll keep an eye out for your upcoming review to hear what you think once you've finished it up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am planning on reading this one too--although probably not by the end of the week. ;-) It sure sounds good, doesn't it? I look forward to reading your thoughts on it, Diane.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey I look forward to your review. Thanks for stopping by my mailbox.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey I look forward to your review. Thanks for stopping by my mailbox.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seems like a unusual book...can't wait toread your review. I have never heard of John Shors.
    My teasers are here:
    http://sumanam.wordpress.com/2009/09/02/226/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great teaser - this sounds like an amazing book.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've read Beneath A Marble Sky, and I thought it was very good. I have also heard really good things about this book and look forward to getting a chance to read it. I hope you enjoy it and I will be checking back for your review!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks terrific -- a definite candidate for my TBR list. :-) I can't wait to read your review.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haven't heard of this author...will look forward to your review!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have an award for you on my blog. Please stop by!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm looking forward to reading this at some point in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I need to pick this one up! I loved Beneath A Marble Sky.
    Happy reading :)

    http://thebookworm07.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. That does sound very good! I have one of his books on my shelves and have been meaning to get to it since earlier this year. Grr, I need to read faster! :)

    Looking forward to your review!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and double thanks for any comments. If you ask a question in your comments, I will try to reply to it here, or by email if your settings allow me to do so. Thanks again for visiting.