Friday, March 9, 2012

Peepsqueak! ~ Leslie Ann Clark



Title:  Peepsqueak!
Author:  Leslie Ann Clark 
Publication Year: 2012
Publisher: Harper Collins 
Edition: hardcover
Source: Amazon Vine 
Date Completed: 3/8/2012
Rating: 5/5
Recommend: yes
 
Peepsqueak is an adorable story about a little chick, who from the time he was first hatched, wanted to fly. When others tell him he can't fly, he doesn't listen and just seems more determined to prove them wrong. Just about when he is ready to give up, he perserverance pays off -- Peepsqueak takes flight after all thanks to the help of a gray goose.

Peepsqueak is a cute story that teaches and reminds us the importance of never giving up on your dreams, and that practice and hard work pay off in the end. It's a great message for children.

The colorful illustrations of other animals on the farm and beauty of nature are simply lovely. The short sentences and fun fonts, bold print are pleasing to the reader. In my opinion -- Peepsqueak is a book that all little ones will love, as well as many adults.
 
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

6 comments:

  1. I love children's books that have positive messages. Thanks for bringing this book to my attention!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet this book would make a perfect Easter gift for my niece, so thanks for sharing this with us today. I must see if I can find it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! Looks like a great Easter book. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't heard of this book before but I will look for it now. I would love to read this with the grandkid! Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this one and the whole don't give up storyline!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and double thanks for any comments. If you ask a question in your comments, I will try to reply to it here, or by email if your settings allow me to do so. Thanks again for visiting.