Tuesday, August 18, 2009

127 - Daddy's Girl; Lisa Scottoline
















Lisa Scottoline is a new to me author. This review is based on the unabridged audio book, which is read by Barbara Rosenblat.


Natalie Greco, is a law professor at the University of Pennsylvania. When another professor, Angus Holt invites her to join him in teaching a class at a local prison, she agrees. A riot breaks out while she is at the prison. When Nat is trying to help a badly injured guard, he whispers some dying last words to her "tell my wife it's under the floor".

Natalie has no clue what the message she's asked to deliver means, but evidently someone thinks she knows a bit too much. Before long, Natalie is suspected of murder, being pursued by the police, and, even some killers are after her.

Although the book has a few too many coincidences, Daddy's Girl was still and entertaining thriller. The reader Barbara Rosenblat was excellent. She injected humor at times, and did a great job changing her voice to fit the cast of characters. The story was just so so, but still it was a fun listening experience. (BTW: I read that the author really is an adjunct professor at The University of Pennsylvania).

RATING - 3.5/5; COMPLETED - 8/17/09; Library

4 comments:

  1. Here is my 2 cents' worth LOL - I think Scottoline is a mediocre writer AND I cannot stand Barbara Rosenblatt's voice.

    I just listened to my first --and last -- Scottoline audio book, LOOK AGAIN. It was just dreadful in every possible way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know a lot of people like this author's work, so I'd like to try one of her books.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard of this author before, but haven't read any of her books. I am not much of a mystery/thriller reader, but this one does sound a bit interesting to me. I may have to see if I can get a copy from the library, that way there is no commitment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Scottoline's Daddy's girl is brilliant, Lisa Scottoline manages to deliver a suspenseful thriller, filled with a few but great twists, and a surprising ending, that readers may not see coming.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and double thanks for any comments. If you ask a question in your comments, I will try to reply to it here, or by email if your settings allow me to do so. Thanks again for visiting.