I can't believe it is Sunday already -- I missed last weeks Sunday Salon, and this week flew by even faster. Here in New England it was the hottest and most humid week of the summer. We walked at 7:30 am and we were drenched by 8:00 am, so most of the week was spent in AC only environments: home, the library, and the movie theatre (Julie and Julia--so great). Looking forward to fall so much, but not winter--hey can't enjoy one without the other right?
My library pile for this week was pretty huge (let's guess how many will be returned unread and they checked out several more times in the future?? )LOL
- Netherland; O'Neill
- Intervention; Robin Cook
- The Consequences of Love; Addonia (check out the cover)
- A Better View of Paradise; Coburn (Check out the cover)
- Revolutionary Road; Yates (audio - have not seen the movie - I hear it is gut wrenching)
- Rifling Paradise; Poster (check out the cover)
- The Earth Hums in B Flat; Strachen
- In the Heart of the Canyon; Hyde
- Sheer Abandon; Vincenzi (current read)
- Hold Love Strong; Goodman
This week I finished:
- That Old Cape Magic; Russo - Library
- Heroic Measures; Ciment - Library
- Daddy's Girl; Scottoline (audio) - Library
- Julie and Julia; Powell (giveaway win)
I'm now reading review copies of:
- Homer's Odyssey; Gwen Cooper (n/f)
- After You; Buxbaum
- Promised World; Tucker (hope to begin reading this week)
That's about it for the book related stuff.
Personal stuff: my son started a new job as a Business Analyst (can't give the name of the company, but family members are thrilled about his 35% discount)....LOL.... My daughter is smoke free still (54 days now); it's very hard for her, but we are cheering her on. My husband and I are over our summer colds --thank goodness. Lastly, unfortunately my brother who has pancreatic cancer had a setback this week, and needed another blood transfusion today. (The chemo has done a number on his red cells). He had a transfusion just 16 days ago....so that has been hard on all of us. He was diagnosed 8 months ago.
That's about all she wrote. Have a great week everyone.