Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Tuesday Teasers






  • Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
(p. 163)....."Last night, Sophie refused to eat our healthy dinner of fish sticks and ketsoup--two food groups covered: protein and vegetable--because the items were touching the plate. When I insisted she eat it anyway, she used the line I had been waiting to hear since I arrived in London: You are not my mother".

12 comments:

  1. BEST teaser I've read today! Great pick! Those few sentences definately made me add this to my wish list!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good teaser! This one is on my wish list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great teaser, though it made me a bit hungry. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great teaser - I'm intrigued by this book now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This one is currently on my wish list- even more so now that I've read the teaser!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Diane! As I have probably told you before, I LOVE your blog, and just the name of it sends me into major relax mode! ANYway, I just gave you an award!

    Claim it at:
    http://bookblabbing.blogspot.com/2009/08/your-blog-rocks-award.html

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great teaser! Judging by the cover, I was not sure I would want to check this book out, but after reading your teaser, I think I might revise that opinion. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that teaser and now this book can't come into my library fast enough!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and double thanks for any comments. If you ask a question in your comments, I will try to reply to it here, or by email if your settings allow me to do so. Thanks again for visiting.