Saturday, August 22, 2009

Book Blogger Appreciation Week Meme


Somehow I totally missed this Book Blogger Appreciation Meme. This is my first year with BBAW, and I am not sure what I am suppose to do (I voted already for you guys). I was so excited to learn I have been nominated in two categories: Best General Review Blog, and Best Blog Name.


New Blogger Meme questions:

1) What has been one of the highlights of blogging for you?
  • There are really so many reasons I love blogging.
  • Book Blogging feeds my book addiction is so so many ways. Posting about books; adding new books to my lists and reading other bloggers great review.
  • I find it a great creative outlet, to express my opinions on books I've read or others have read.
  • It's been so exciting when authors have contacted me directly to review their books.
  • Your comments and feedback have been so imporant to me over this past year, and have helped build confidence.
  • But the number one reason, is YOU, all the wonderful book-loving friends I've met, who have inspired and encouraged me. THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!!


2) What blogger has helped you out with your blog by answering questions, linking to you, or inspiring you?

There is no way I could name just one, without feeling I might have slighted somene. Everyone book blogger I have posed a question to has been extremely friendly and helpful. I have found that Book Bloggers are not "it's all about me" people. They all seem willing to help at the drop of a hat, and that is very motivating for a NEW blogger like myself. I knew nothing about blogging when I started. It was just intended as a place to record my reviews, but over the past year, it has become so much more.

3) What one question do you have about BBAW that someone who participated last year could answer?

Just one question? LOL...it seems to me just the seem volume of information required to track all the votes in each category seems like an overwhelming job. Just how do you do this, and do you need help ?

Keep these important BBAW dates in mind:

  • September 7: Shortlists are announced and voting begins
  • September 12: Voting closes at 11:59 PM EST
  • September 14-18: BBAW!
  • Join in on the fun here!

10 comments:

  1. This will be my first BBAW as well. I can't wait. Hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your nominations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. BBAW was so much fun last year! I'm glad you'll be in on the excitement this year. Congratulations on your nominations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best of luck and congrats on your nomination! It should be a fun week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your nominations! Your blog is wonderful, and I love the name of your blog.

    This is my first BBAW and I'm looking forward to it. : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your nominations! And I agree with all your answers to the meme! I'm almost a little afraid of BBAW ... sounds like it is pretty intense but I imagine it will a ton of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your nominations!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the nominations!!! I liked reading your meme.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on your nominations! BBAW was fun last year but this year is even more exciting, simply because of the sheer volume of bloggers participating.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, Diane! Your comment on my blog led me to yours.

    Congratulations on your nominations! Wow, 2! I like your blog title and your picture header. Nice! Putting you in my blogroll.

    Also,thank goodness I found you because as a first time participant in the BBAW, I didn't know we had a meme and had to post it. I thought it was for those old-timers who weren't able to participate in the last BBAW.
    Oops! I'd better get down to work. Thanks for your post. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and double thanks for any comments. If you ask a question in your comments, I will try to reply to it here, or by email if your settings allow me to do so. Thanks again for visiting.