Friday, December 11, 2009

191 - Finding Grace: A True Story About Losing Your Way in Life...And Finding it Again; Donna VanLiere

Finding Grace, was picked up by me at the library on a whim.  I had enjoyed (3) previous books by this author in the Christmas "hope" series: The Christmas Shoes, The Christmas Blessing, and The Christmas Hope, and since the past year has been a trying one for me, I thought perhaps this book might be just what I needed --- yes it was.
In this inspirational memoir the author shares some devastating experiences, beginning early on in life, that would certainly test the faith of many women. It is a story about the "bumps in the road" of life that we are all forced to deal with at one time or another.  Beautifully written, thought provoking, but yet never preachy,  Finding Grace is a book for anyone who has struggled and asked the question "Why Me?", when bad things have happened to them. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

10 comments:

  1. This book sounds great - I'm glad it helped you some.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a good book to read this time of year. I am glad you enjoyed it, Diane!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A nice inspirational book for Christmas. The kind of book you need to start the New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A nice inspirational read for the season.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another memoir that sounds great! Having dealt with chronic illness these past 8 years in myself and my kids, I'm always interested in this type of uplifting/overcoming challenges memoir for inspiration! Thanks for the recommendation.

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad to see you liked this book. I read it a few months ago and I thought it was wonderful. A very heartwarming memoir.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I gravitate towards books of this nature. I'm looking for this one at my library!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Diane, I am glad that this book was just what you were looking for and that you enjoyed it. I think I might need a read like this myself and will be looking for it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad you've enjoyed this book. It's good that you find it helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I received an unrequested copy of this book several months ago, and I wasn't sure what to make of it, so it's been sitting on my shelf. I'm glad to hear you like it, and I'm going through a "why me?" period right now, so I think I'm going to dig the book out. Thanks for the review.

    --Anna
    Diary of an Eccentric

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and double thanks for any comments. If you ask a question in your comments, I will try to reply to it here, or by email if your settings allow me to do so. Thanks again for visiting.