Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Tuesday Teasers


Miz B and Teaser Tuesdays asks you to:
Grab your current read.
Let the book fall open to a random page.
Share with us two (2) sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12.
You also need to share the title of the book that you’re getting your “teaser” from … that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you’ve given!


(p. 4).....My father didn't smile or laugh very much, and he had a limitless gift for making me feel about as important as a lost penny on the sidewalk. Whenever I'd show him a drawing I made or try to tell him about something I learned in school, he'd get fidgety and say, "I'm tired, We'll talk about it another time".

(p. 9)...In school I was the skinny girl who had a crown-wearing, lipstick-smeared lunatic for a mother. Nobody talked to me unless they wanted an answer to a test question, and nobody sat with me at the lunch table---well, nobody except Oscar Wolper, who smelled like dirty socks and bore a shocking resemblance to Mr. Potato Head".

MY THOUGHTS: I just started this book today, and I am so excited. The writing is wonderful and CeeCee is such a fabulous narrator.



12 comments:

  1. I love those teasers! I must go read more about this book!! Thanks for bringing it to my attention!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen this book around a lot in the last few weeks. Love the teasers you chose. Looking forward to reading your full review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great teaser! I look forward to your review of this book once you finish.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your teasers are great--very descriptive!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This book sounds interesting from the teaser. Will be watching for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for your holiday wishes, Diane! I have been wondering all December- will you change your profile picture once 2010 comes around?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aarti....I was just thinking about this this week. I guess I'll have too ...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are sad teasers...poor girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just finished this...I haven't posted a review yet, but I thought it was the sweetest book.

    Happy Holidays to you! I've loved following your blog this year...!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Those quotes are really compelling. I love the beautiful cover, too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and double thanks for any comments. If you ask a question in your comments, I will try to reply to it here, or by email if your settings allow me to do so. Thanks again for visiting.