Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Tuesday Teasers

Miz B and Teaser Tuesdays asks you to:
Grab your current read.
Let the book fall open to a random page.
Share with us two (2) sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12.
You also need to share the title of the book that you’re getting your “teaser” from … that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you’ve given!

(p. 4).....My father didn't smile or laugh very much, and he had a limitless gift for making me feel about as important as a lost penny on the sidewalk. Whenever I'd show him a drawing I made or try to tell him about something I learned in school, he'd get fidgety and say, "I'm tired, We'll talk about it another time".

(p. 9)...In school I was the skinny girl who had a crown-wearing, lipstick-smeared lunatic for a mother. Nobody talked to me unless they wanted an answer to a test question, and nobody sat with me at the lunch table---well, nobody except Oscar Wolper, who smelled like dirty socks and bore a shocking resemblance to Mr. Potato Head".

MY THOUGHTS: I just started this book today, and I am so excited. The writing is wonderful and CeeCee is such a fabulous narrator.


  1. I love those teasers! I must go read more about this book!! Thanks for bringing it to my attention!

  2. I've seen this book around a lot in the last few weeks. Love the teasers you chose. Looking forward to reading your full review!

  3. Great teaser! I look forward to your review of this book once you finish.

  4. Your teasers are great--very descriptive!

  5. This book sounds interesting from the teaser. Will be watching for the review.

  6. Thanks for your holiday wishes, Diane! I have been wondering all December- will you change your profile picture once 2010 comes around?

  7. Aarti....I was just thinking about this this week. I guess I'll have too ...LOL

  8. Those are sad teasers...poor girl!!

  9. I just finished this...I haven't posted a review yet, but I thought it was the sweetest book.

    Happy Holidays to you! I've loved following your blog this year...!

  10. Wow! Those quotes are really compelling. I love the beautiful cover, too.


Thanks for taking the time to visit and double thanks for any comments. If you ask a question in your comments, I will try to reply to it here, or by email if your settings allow me to do so. Thank again for visiting.

(I apologize for the word verification, spammers spoil it for all sadly.)