December is my absolute favorite month of the year. My Birthday, Christmas, and preparations for the New Year, which includes finalizing lists (oh yeah I'm a list keeper). Before I even put together My Top my Best Books Read in 2009 list, or checked out how well I did in the (20) challenges I signed up for throughout the year, I was thinking about 2010. There I was, spending hours and hours looking through my book shelves in preparation of my hopes of making 2010 a banner year! Am I boring or what, or is this what other book lovers do as well? say yes, please!!!
My #1 pick for 2010 was actually a tie between two books. This is the first year ever that I had two #1 books. (I'm not taking the easy way out, there were both so memorable that I truly could not decide). If you have not read my #1 picks, PLEASE make them a priority in 2010...you'll be glad you did!
Top Fiction Picks
1. Cutting for Stone; Abraham Verghese
1. The Help; Kathryn Stockett
2. Little Bee; Chris Cleave
3. The Little Giant of Aberdeen County; Tiffany Baker
4. The Weight of Heaven; Thrity Umrigar
5. That Old Cape Magic; Richard Russo
6. Still Alice; Lisa Genova
7. Saving CeeCee Honeycutt; Beth Hoffman
8. Half Broke Horses; Jeanette Walls
9. The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie; Alan Bradley
10.The Book of Bright Ideas; Sandra Kring
Top Non Fiction Picks
1. Christian the Lion; Bourke and Rendall
2. The Time of My Life; Patrick Swayze and Lisa Neimi
3. The House on Sugar Beach; Helene Cooper
4. Have a Little Faith; Mitch Albom
5. The Four Agreements; Don Miguel Ruiz
Have you read and any of these ? If so, did you love them as much as me?