Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Waiting on Wednesday - The Language of Secrets




“Waiting On” Wednesday is hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine


AUTHOR: Dianne Dixon
Pub. Date: March 23, 2010

(Fom Amazon)

Justin Fisher has a successful career as the manager of a luxury hotel, a lovely wife, and a charming young son. While all signs point to a bright future, Justin can no longer ignore the hole in his life left by his estranged family. When he finally gathers the courage to reconnect with his troubled past, Justin is devastated to learn that his parents have passed away. And a visit to the cemetery brings the greatest shock of all—next to the graves of his father and mother sits a smaller tombstone for a three-year-old boy: a boy named Thomas Justin Fisher.

What follows is an extraordinary journey as Justin struggles with issues of his own identity and pieces together the complex and heartbreaking truth about his family. With great skill and care, Dianne Dixon explores the toll that misunderstandings, blame, and resentment can take on a family. But it is the intimate details of family life—a mother's lullaby for her son, a father's tragic error in judgment—that make this novel so exceptional and an absolute must for reading groups everywhere.

The Language of Secrets is the story of an unspeakable loss born of human frailty and an ultimate redemption born of human courage. 

What's your pick this week?

15 comments:

  1. Boy, does that sound like a good one! Wouldn't that just creep you out?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'm so in! I haven't heard of this one, but it's going on my list!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This one is definitely going on my list. I can't wait!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one speaks to me!!! Can't wait until it's released!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds like a riveting story! Blame, resentment and misunderstanding are not uncommon in family-members relationships. It's terrible when these things tear families apart. This sounds like a book I would like to rewad. I only hope the main character is able to resolve things and go on to enjoy the life he has created for himself.
    And on to my tbr list it goes! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Terrific pick! This sound like a very touching story.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is another for my list. Sounds like the kind of book you start and can't put down.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, this one does sound good Diane. This one is going on the wishlist.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Diane, I hope it's as good as it sounds! Great pick.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Reading that description gave me goosebumps. How eerie would that be?

    ReplyDelete
  11. This sounds like it will be a great book, Diane. I'll have to add it to my wish list. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This sounds like an excellent read, and now I am waiting for it as well! Great pick, I can't wait to hear what you think of it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and double thanks for any comments. If you ask a question in your comments, I will try to reply to it here, or by email if your settings allow me to do so. Thanks again for visiting.