Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Tuesday Teasers


Miz B and Teaser Tuesdays asks you to:
Grab your current read.
Let the book fall open to a random page.
Share with us two (2) sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12.
You also need to share the title of the book that you’re getting your “teaser” from … that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you’ve given!



(p. 317)...."In 2005, at seventy-five years of age, Clint Eastwood was happily married to his second wife. His eight-year-old daughter Morgan Eastwood had been named after his costar and good friend Morgan Freeman.  He was the grandfather of two, Kimber's son and Kyle's daughter.  And he was head of a financial empire that included restaurants (the Hog's Breath Inn and the Inn Mission Ranch), real estate, the exclusive invitation-only Tehama Golf Club in Carmel Valley (with an initial joining fee of $300,000), part ownership in the Pebble Beach Golf and Country Club, whole or part ownership in sixty films he had produced, directed, starred in, or all three, and Malpaso, the company that made nearly all of them.  He had eight Academy Award nominations and five Oscars. And as the year began, he was deeply involved in not one but two new movies".



21 comments:

  1. Looks like an interesting book about a truly interesting character! Here's My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I've been wanting to read this book! Sounds fabulous...

    Here's mine:

    http://laurel-rainsnowsreflections.blogspot.com/2009/12/teaser-tuesdays.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like Clint Eastwood...hope you're enjoying this one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a good one. And still handsome!!!!
    CMashLovesToRead

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to be as active and able as Clint Eastwood at that age!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like Clint Eastwood too. This book should be interesting. Kaye—the road goes ever ever on

    ReplyDelete
  7. Too long. That's a paragraph not a teaser!

    http://fredasvoice.blogspot.com/2009/12/teaser-tuesday_29.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Clint Eastwood is a true icon. I'll bet this is a fabulous read!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the fact that he's still going strong. Gran Torino, directed and starring Eastwood, is a very intense movie. I'll bet this will be a fascinating read!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVED Gran Torino, and well, honestly, I can't think of a Clint Eastwood movie I have not enjoyed. He is still very handsome and he'll be 80 in 2010 --amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How did Clint get so darn old? Oh, wait. I'm getting old right along with him.

    This sounds like a good book. I still remember his movie Play Misty for Me and how I wanted to slap Jessica Walter silly.

    ReplyDelete
  12. He still looks good.

    http://readwithtea.blogspot.com/2009/12/it-happened-one-night-by-lisa-dale.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. He truly is a remarkable man, isn't he?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Excellent teaser and of course who can resist Clint Eastwood. Sounds like a great read.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Clint Eastwood has always been a real man's man and ladies man, too. One of my favorite actors. Do you think the upcoming actors are as good as the "oldies"?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Kim,

    Clint Eastwood and Robert Redford will always remain favorites of mine, but I also love Jack Nicholson, Denzel Washington, Kevin Costner, Matt Damon and Brad Pitt....others too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This one is sitting in my TBR pile. Now I'm even more interested. Thanks for the teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Is this where I say "you made my day?" Ok that was a terrible joke...

    I like this guy. I will absolutely get this book. I love his quote:
    If you think it will rain it will - if things do not come up your way forge ahead - clint eastwood.

    Thank you very much for sharing.

    Tom Bailey

    ReplyDelete
  19. This sounds really good. I like Clint Eastwood.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Damn - that Teaser makes me feel lazy as all get out! Not going to even try to keep up with Clint.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and double thanks for any comments. If you ask a question in your comments, I will try to reply to it here, or by email if your settings allow me to do so. Thanks again for visiting.