Tuesday, July 7, 2009

102 - The Cats of Kittyville: New Lives for Rescued Felines; Bob Somerville

The Cats of Kittyville: New Lives for Rescued Felines, Best Friends Animal Society; Bob Somerville.

I came across the worderful gem of a book at the library recently. It was just wonderful.

Best Friends Animal Sanctuary in southern Utah is home to some two thousand abused and abandoned animals: cats, dogs, birds, horses rabbits and more. The take animals from other shelters and rescue groups, and even have a rapid response team in place that conducts rescues after natural disasters like Hurricane Katrina.

Featured in this beautifully illustrated book are spotlight cats on nearly everypage, and a story about them as well. Cat lovers will melt when they see these beautiful furballs, and many who read this book will surely shed a tear or two in the process.

The caring never stops at Kittyville, where even cats with special needs are give a new opportunity at life. Even the unadoptable: the sick, the older or those cats that have suffered trauma will enjoy a good life, for the rest of their life at this wonderful sanctuary.

If you love cats, and love reading about happy endings for all of God's creatures, then check out this book. I really loved it, and hope you will too.

RATING - 5/5 - COMPLETED - 7/7/09
Where From: Library

6 comments:

  1. I've got to get this for my collection of kitty books. Thanks for the review, it sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the review on this one. My aunt is a cat lover and I think she would really enjoy this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love cats and this sounds like a great cat. I'm glad that there are people out there who are willing to do anything for these kitties and all of the other animals that were mentioned.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds great~I must read it! Thanks:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. awh! I want! It sounds so touching. I got emotional just reading your review.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bet my daughter would just love this book. She is a huge cat lover, and loves to read anything that has to do with felines. Thanks for posting this, I will have to grab her a copy.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and double thanks for any comments. If you ask a question in your comments, I will try to reply to it here, or by email if your settings allow me to do so. Thanks again for visiting.