Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Man Booker Longlist Revealed

Surfing the web I just found some exciting news.


The longlist comprises:

A S Byatt; The Children's Book (Chatto)

J M Coetzee; Summertime (Harvill Secker)

Adam Foulds; The Quickening Maze (Jonathan Cape)

Sarah Hall; How to Paint a Dead Man (Faber)

Samantha Harvey; The Wilderness (Jonathan Cape)

James Lever; Me Cheeta (Fourth Estate)

Hilary Mantel; Wolf Hall (Fourth Estate)

Simon Mawer; The Glass Room (Little, Brown)

Ed O'Loughlin; Not Untrue & Not Unkind (Penguin - Ireland)

James Scudamore; Heliopolis (Harvill Secker)

Colm Toibin; Brooklyn (Viking)

William Trevor; Love and Summer (Viking)

Sarah Waters; The Little Stranger (Virago)

Here's the entire article.


(The last 3 are on my list as well). Have you read any of these yet?

9 comments:

  1. I haven't read a single one of these but I do see some I want to read. Thanks for posting the list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is three on that list that I have been after for a while.

    The Children's Book by AS Byatt

    The Little Stranger by Sarah Waters

    Wolf Hall by Hilary Mantel.

    Can't wait to see who wins.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've read 5 of them and have just ordered the rest. I am pleased to see a few I haven't heard of and am looking forward to reading them all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Diane! Thanks for visiting my blog. I haven't posted much new there in the past couple of weeks, but I'm reading more again now, so hopefully I'll have some reviews up soon. Just finished a David Sedaris and about to start Things Fall Apart by Chinua Achebe.
    The Man Booker list is interesting. I'm just starting to get into Coetzee and it's exciting to see he has one listed.
    Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brooklyn is the only one I've read...and I loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't even heard of all of them :( but I want to read the Sarah Waters book!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yikes--I haven't read any of these. I love Booker Prize winners (some of my favorite books), but I usually don't discover them until they've won the prize already.

    Thanks for sharing the list!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wrote a post about this and didn't get it up yesterday. I've read The Little Stranger, which is very good. I have The Wilderness on my desk as my next read and the Byatt book on reserve at the library. I'd like to read the Coetzee, Toibin, Trevor, and Mantel books. The others I will have to learn more about before I decide.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brooklyn is the only one I've read and I wasn't crazy for it....I especially hated the ending. But what do I know. I also wasn't crazy about Olive Kitteridge and it won a Pulitzer.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and double thanks for any comments. If you ask a question in your comments, I will try to reply to it here, or by email if your settings allow me to do so. Thanks again for visiting.