Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Waiting on Wednesday: Day After Night


"Waiting on" Wednesday is hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine, and is a way for bloggers to share the upcoming books that they're longing for.


My pick:


Day After Night; Anita Diamant
Scribner - September - 2009


About the book:



Set in 1945, in the summer immediately following the end of World War II in Europe, DAY AFTER NIGHT tells the stories of four young Jewish women -- survivors of four different kinds of hell. They make their way to the land of Israel where they confront an uncertain future haunted by the past.

The protagonists -- Leonie, Tedi, Shayndel and Zorah -- are interned when they arrive, locked up behind barbed wire fences in a place called Atlit, a prison camp run by the British, who ruled Palestine at the time. In Atlit, the women meet and befriend one another as they grapple with a new life in a new land.


13 comments:

  1. I saw this book in the library and will put it on reserve as it seems interesting. Thanks for the share and for stopping by to visit my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had no idea this was forthcoming! I am very excited. I loved The Red Tent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like a powerful book - thanks for bringing it to my attention.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, sounds good. I'll be waiting for it too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for featuring this - I hadn't heard of it and it sounds good!

    Ps. Just want to let you know I recieved the B&N card - now to figure out what to buy! Thank you again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds like a very emotional book, and like one I would like to read. Thanks for bringing this one to my attention!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks like a great book...imagine living through the Holocaust only to be locked up somewhere else! Yikes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just finished Good Harbor last week and really enjoyed it. I'll have to keep my eye out for this one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good one Diane! I love Diamant's books. Yup, yet another to add to that ever extending list.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like it could be an outstanding book!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I loved the Red Tent so seeing this has made me excited for its release!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and double thanks for any comments. If you ask a question in your comments, I will try to reply to it here, or by email if your settings allow me to do so. Thanks again for visiting.