Friday, July 31, 2009

Friday Finds



Pub Date - August 10, 2009
Little Brown and Co.


Book Description: Amigoland; Oscar Casares
In a small town on the Mexican border live two brothers, Don Fidencio and Don Celestino. Stubborn and independent, they now must face the facts: they are old, and they have let a family argument stand between them for too long. Don Celestino's good-natured housekeeper encourages him to make amends--while he still can. They secretly liberate Don Fidencio from his nursing home and travel into Mexico to solve the mystery at the heart of their dispute: the family legend of their grandfather's kidnapping. As the unlikely trio travels, the brothers learn it's never too late for a new beginning.

With winsome prose and heartfelt humor, Oscar Casares's debut novel of family lost and found radiates with generosity and grace and confirms the arrival of a uniquely talented new writer.

(This debut sounds a bit quirky, but I feel it might have a heart-warming feel as well)??

8 comments:

  1. I'll be reading it in a few days. Actually quite excited as it sounds sweet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love books about Mexico. I went there for my honeymoon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That does sound like a good story!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never heard of this one before -it sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sibling hi-jinks! I love the concept! I'll be looking for reviews ...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Quirky is sometimes really good. I thought the premise sounded very interesting and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Quirky is sometimes really good. I thought the premise sounded very interesting and fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and double thanks for any comments. If you ask a question in your comments, I will try to reply to it here, or by email if your settings allow me to do so. Thanks again for visiting.