Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Tuesday Teasers









Miz B and Teaser Tuesdays asks you to:
Grab your current read.
Let the book fall open to a random page.
Share with us two (2) sentences from that page.
You also need to share the title of the book that you’re getting your “teaser” from … that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you’ve given!


Here is my teasers -- (p. 85) "All the way home, I replayed her chastisement, feeling freshly humiliated with each passing mile. But by the time we had arrived at the trailer, I realized I was holding on to the moment because like a good dream, or a heroic fantasy, I did not want to let it and Mrs. Poole go".

The God of War; Marisa Silver; Simon and Schuster
(this book is excellent)



8 comments:

  1. From page 2 of Shooting an Albatross by Steven Lundin:

    "Everyone has secrets, but at 94, the most disturbing secrets have a way of becoming someone’s truth. Before finding Floyd, I wondered if he remembered what he had done. Had he lived with his lies for so long that he no longer knew the truth?"

    Interesting read about the only time in history (1943) when an entire season of golf is cancelled. And yes, it's about LOTS more than golf! A page-turner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unusual that she would want to hold on to the moment! Nice teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this teaser...thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's an interesting teaser -- I want to know more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have this one on my shelf to read. :-) I hope you are enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds interesting...I've never heard of this book so I'll be looking to read your thoughts on this one!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a curious teaser. I like it.

    My Teaser is here.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and double thanks for any comments. If you ask a question in your comments, I will try to reply to it here, or by email if your settings allow me to do so. Thanks again for visiting.